Blending authentic sash window styling with superb performance
Sash windows are a design classic, but traditional timber frames don’t offer the long-term performance and easy care of modern materials. With every detail of our PVC-U Vertical Sliders accurately recreating the appearance of historic sashes, comfort, security and elegance has never been more practical or affordable.
The Spectus Vertical Slider is available with full mechanical jointing to the sash and outer frame and offers:
- WER to Band A+
- U-value to 1.3W/m2K
- 24mm double glazing as standard
- Authentic ovolo styling throughout
- Easy opening with reliable balance mechanisms
- Tilt inwards facility to both sashes
- Matching ancillaries, end caps and cills
- Optional high-security hardware
- Mechanically jointed outer frame
- Mechanically jointed sashes
- Choice of 28 finishes
- Accommodates trickle or glazed-in vents
- Large and small sash profiles
- Traditional deep bottom rail
- Run-through or moulded sash horns
- Optional, easy-fit weather bar
- Travel stops for child safety
- Aluminium top sash interlock for larger window
- 128mm outer frame – matches box sash dimensions for easy installation
- Maximum size up to 1600mm wide and 3000mm high.
The Spectus Vertical slider has impeccable proportions. Every component of the system is the right size – a perfect recreation of the original dimensions. This includes the overall front to back depth of 128mm, which makes installation easier, and the style of the deep bottom rail. We offer different sizes of Georgian bar – to suit windows of differing scales – large and small sash profile options and a choice of perfectly sized cills. And for bigger properties, this sliding sash window isn’t scared to go large – there’s a maximum size of 3000mm by 1600mm.
In the past, few authorities would permit the use of PVC-U to replace a timber sash window. Thankfully, that’s changing. Planners have realised that our window’s amazing A+ rated thermal performance and low-maintenance qualities are great for the environment. The Spectus VS is well-known for its authentic appearance, and its use is often approved without further question. Even the most resistant of conservation officers are usually convinced when they see a sample. Now, with the option of a mechanically jointed sash which replicates the appearance of timber window joints, there can be few remaining objections.